Ryd Family Video Tribute to Dad & Grandpa Doc
Thanks for joining us in celebrating the life of Wes "Doc" Ryd through this video tribute.
Enjoy the memories of this loved servant of God for whose life we are so grateful.
Here's the video:
Link to video: Wes "Doc" Ryd Video Tribute
Ryd Family
(in order of appearance)
Steve and Joani Ryd-son & daughter-in-love
Karen (Ryd) Peterson-daughter
Linda (Ryd) Wager-daughter
Sara Wager-granddaughter
Krista (Wager) and Lance Brackin-grandchildren
Meg (Ryd) and Jon Huffman-grandchildren
Andrew Peterson-grandson
Adam Peterson-grandson
Mark Peterson-son-in-love
Dave Wager-son-in-love
Dad ran his life's race on earth well, and it now continues in Heaven.
He can truly say this:
I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7
You can also enjoy the slide show presentation found in the post below created to remember his life through photos.
What a beautiful video tribute of Doc's life. I believe that GOD places people in your life for a reason and I could not be more grateful that he placed Doc in mine 45 years ago by giving me a job at Lawn Medical Center. For 18 years Doc and I worked side by side meeting the needs of our patients. Because of Doc, I grew as a nurse, a person and a Christian. Doc was a quiet, soft spoken, easy going man who never got rattled. He taught me how to be the same and we made a wonderful team. We shared the ups and downs that life threw at us and I knew that he was always there for me if I needed him. I will always cherish the years I worked with him and those that came after. He will truly be missed but I am so happy that he is home with all of his loved ones who have gone before him. I know that there must have been quite a celebration when Doc walked through GOD's pearly gates. I am so grateful that Doc lived his life to the fullest. He truly had a lifetime well spent.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Pat Neubauer RN
Doc's Nurse
I sure enjoyed watching this! Even though it would have been nice to see you all at a Memorial Service, this serves as a wonderful tribute to him. My parents, both in heaven now, met Doc and Lois Ryd back in the early 1960's at Redeemer Evangelical Covenant Church. Lois and my dad worked together on many musical programs there. Doc was "our doc"! Not only did we go see him for checkups, but he came to our house to care for my mom when she was ill. Another time, Lois took care of my disabled brother and gave Mom support and counsel. Doc and Lois were on my husband's and my support team in missions for many years and would treat us to an annual trip to Maggiano's for an Italian meal. They donated several Flannelgraph sets to our ministry partners.
ReplyDeleteWe greatly miss them both and thank God for their friendship and the impact they have had on our family and so many others. - Cheryl Fornelli
I was impressed with your remembrances of your Father's life, what a wonderful and Christ-filled life and example which touches my heart. I have the good fortune to be sitting with my mother and talking about life and old friends; beside her chair was the notice of Doc's passing and the related blog information. I asked her whether she had seen the video and she said that she had not had the means and was unable to read the fine print but I pulled out the laptop and shared the video. She remarked how beautifully done it had been done...".a tribute to a Servant of the Lord!" Lavergne went to High School with your Mom. As she sang along with the concluding hymn, she remarked that Lois played the piano and organ. Continued Blessings to your family. Mike Basich w/Lavergne Hansen Basich. Roseville, MN.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Mike. We are so happy you could share the video with her now, and enjoy your time together in that way.
Delete